I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether you are with family, friends or both! I am thankful for so many things...
- My amazing family! They are so encouraging, supportive and loving. My grandmother died last Friday, and my parents put me on an earlier-than-expected flight home so I could spend time with them just when I needed it the most.
- My friends! They are so much fun, they keep me laughing and treat me so well! :)
- My health. I rarely get sick, I eat well and I stay in shape.
- Personal finance. Without that knowledge, I wouldn't have an emergency fund ($11K!) for peace of mind or already be saving towards my retirement! I'm on the path towards financial security.
- My job. I am so glad to be employed! My company has been nothing but fantastic and they continue to impress me and treat me well. Case-in-point, it was announced last week that all employees will be receiving a mini "holiday gift" based on tenure (for me, that means ~$500 pre-tax) and an annual bonus for 2009! Yeah, unexpected income!! :)