Monday, December 8, 2008

Promotion!

I got a promotion!!

I didn't want to post about this 2 weeks ago when I was first approached about applying for the internal position. It was a quick turn around: I had my 1st-round interview last Thursday (the day after I submitted my application, so I wasn't very prepared as it was a last-minute decision!) and I felt that it went very well. My feelings were confirmed when HR e-mailed me on Friday asking if I could do the 2nd-round interview on Monday - today. I went into the 2nd-round interview this morning feeling good but still nervous.

This afternoon, I noticed the department manager that I had interviewed with go into my current supervisor's office. A few minutes later, the door opens and they invite me in and she offers me the job! Of course, I accept and my current boss jokes about having to say good-bye to me so soon after saying hello, a mere 6 months ago!

This was all VERY unexpected but it is extremely flattering and exciting. The position is fantastic, it is definitely more in the finance/investing side that I know I want to be in - whereas my current position in accounting is not quite what I had hoped for, but in the current economic climate, it's a job. However, I obviously caught someone's attention and I have been trying to put forth the best effort I can - and it's paid off! :)

The starting salary for the new position comes with a pay increase of a little over 5%. (Though HR hasn't completed the paperwork, so I am making a guess that I will start at the bottom of the range they gave me.) I will slowly start the transition in early 2009 because my department is extremely busy right now. Even if I don't really start until February, I couldn't be more elated!

Hooray!

10 comments:

Shen Dove December 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Excellent news Money Maus, congrats!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

that's great- congratulations!

Lucy December 9, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Congrats!!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com December 9, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

Congratulations!

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Congratulations!!! I hope that you enjoy it!

asgreen December 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Congrats! What great news! =)

MoneyMaus December 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Thank you, all! :)

sara l December 9, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

That is great news! Congratz!

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous December 10, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Woo hoo! Especially during an economy in crisis. That is very cool. And a Merry Christmas to you!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP