Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Goals Review

By the second half of 2010, I had basically forgotten about my goals for 2010...but now that it's the new year, I need to recap no matter what!

  • Max out Roth IRA
    My final $200 needed for the $5K limit for 2010 was auto-transferred from my checking account last week. This is the first time I've fully-funded my IRA in one year, instead of going through to March of the following one!

  • E-Fund to $15K
    I accomplished this in June and it's still sitting pretty. :)

  • Continue with CFA exams
    I didn't pass Level 1 when I got my results in late January. After much contemplation (and the lack of a life for the 7+ months I spent studying in 2009), I decided not to continue with the exams for now. I might try again in a few years depending on my circumstances, but it was incredibly difficult to study without a direct support group (ie family in the city or a significant other) who could cook/help out with other tasks while I studied.

  • Take golf lessons
    I took a golf class in March and it was a small but fun group! Golf is an expensive hobby and since I don't have the money to devote to becoming really good (green fees and lessons), it's something I'll only do occasionally. But I still like going to the driving range when I can!

  • Knit 3 items
    I finished a beanie, a simple scarf and am currently halfway through an infinity scarf. I can't seem to just sit and knit, and I'm not good enough to do it while watching TV because I need to focus.

  • Volunteer
    I volunteered from January until September when my position wasn't exciting anymore. I did have fun in the beginning so I definitely want to find other options, especially one where other volunteers are more in my age range so I can potentially make some friends.
I don't plan on doing goals for 2011, but am having a blast reading all of yours out there! And I will be focusing on a resolution instead...

4 comments:

Maureen January 4, 2011 at 4:04 AM  

Well done on accomplishing almost all of 2010s goals. I have set out my goals for this year and my only Resolution is to stick with them.

CeCe January 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

That is awesome! YOu are setting yourself nicely in case of well...anything.

Money Pincher January 4, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

Golf is great! :) BF and I play in the summer and we usually try and get those deals where you pay for 1 and the 2nd play for free :) It really cuts the cost down!

MoneyMaus January 5, 2011 at 12:58 AM  

@Maureen - Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

@Frugalista - Thanks, doll. And I'm open to well...anything! ;)

@MoneyPinch - Ooh, I've never seen the 2-for-1 deal here but something to look into! Now I just need a golf buddy!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP