Sunday, November 23, 2008

"People First"

People first, then money, then things. - Suze Orman

At the beginning of 2008, my Mom mentioned that I should watch "The Suze Orman Show" on CNBC. I had never heard of it, so I gave it a try on a Saturday night after one of my finance professors had also recommended it.

And I've been hooked ever since! Suze gives fantastic advice. She is straight to the point, offers lots of insight and covers a variety of topics--all of which are PF-related. Of course, the "Can I Afford It?" segment is my favorite.

I would love to be a guest on her show one day! :) I truly believe the above quote as well, which is her end-of-the-show tagline and I try to follow it in my own life.

Starting next week, I will begin a "Suze Says" post on Sundays or Mondays with a piece of financial advice from her weekend show.

3 comments:

Shen Dove November 25, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

I love Suze Orman's advice! I first became interested in PF by reading her books and syndicated column.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com November 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

She's a smart woman, but I can't stand her talking style. I hate how she uses the words "boyfriend", "girlfriend"... and she's a bit of a hypocrite, only putting her money in bonds rather than in what she tells others to invest their money in

*shrug* I prefer bloggers online...

Anonymous November 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

@FB when u have the type of money she has the goal is to preserve wealth not risk it;which is why fixed income vehicles are the proper investment for her.


My problems with Suzie is that she sometimes gives bad advice but given the fact that she is dealing with a wide demographic and has to dispense advice in 2min based on very limited info; she can be forgiven for the bad advice.
I view her as more of a money therapist where she helps u to overcome the fear of dealing with financial matters.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP