Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Volunteering

One of my goals for 2010 is to volunteer.

Well, sooner than expected, I am going to make this goal! I had a meeting with the director of a volunteer organization in my city last week, and I start next weekend! I'm really excited because this volunteer opportunity is fun, high-paced and oriented around customer service at an unexpected location. I'm energetic, outgoing and I truly love to help people, so this is a perfect fit for me. :) I will mostly volunteer on the weekends, which is what I was looking for in my schedule, for 12 hours per month.

I did a lot of volunteering in high school and college. I did everything from volunteering in elementary classrooms and at nursing homes to rebuilding houses and spending time at soup kitchens. Now I'm doing something very different and I'm looking forward to giving my time (in addition to my money) to the community!

Do you volunteer? If so, how often and what type of volunteer work do you do? What type of volunteer work do you enjoy most?

2 comments:

sara l January 20, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

I like groups live http://volunteersandiego.org/. They have a range of projects that you can join monthly. It's nice because you can get a feel for different organizations and the things you most like to do.

eemusings January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

I don't actually do any volunteering, but it's something I'd like to look into. I'd probably want to pick something where I didn't have to make a regular commitment, though - maybe helping at events or something. Sctually, what might eb fun could be using my skills for a charity, maybe writing up material for them or something like that. My mum also suggested leping out at the city mission at christmas, which sounds neat to me.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP