Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vegas!

I booked my flight to Vegas for New Year's Eve! I am going December 31-January 4 with two girlfriends. My flight, which I purchased a few days ago, came out to $190 round-trip. I will have free accommodations on the Strip through one of my friends, which will certainly help decrease the total cost.

This will be my first "real" vacation which will all be paid out of my own pocket. (I am spending this Thanksgiving weekend with my parents who are visiting me in Southern California and then I will be going home to see them and my brother over Christmas, where my parents paid for the flight.) The cost of this Vegas flight will almost deplete my Travel Fund, however my leftover budget money from this month and December will go towards pushing it up for that long weekend.

A few pf bloggers recently went to Vegas and this will be my 3rd time. (I went in high school with my family and in college for 2 days over Spring Break - however I ended up with food poisoning so that particular time was a wash.) I am definitely looking forward it and crossing my fingers that I don't get sick. It will be a blast!

So far, the cheapest NYE options are Fremont Street ( thousands of people, a few live bands and the light show) for $40 or hanging out on the Strip for $0. I am estimating a budget of $400 to cover taxis, food, alcohol and entertainment. I do not gamble but might play some fun slots for $10 or $20 max and I do not plan on doing any shopping. But we'll see! :)

1 comments:

sara l November 28, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

Sounds like a great (and well planned) trip! I've never made been to Vegas but one of these day's I'm going to work it out.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP