Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Coupon + Cooking Class!

I've recently discovered a site called Groupon. It reminds me of Restaurants.com, but with different activities at discounts every day, in various cities across the country. My Mom mentioned it to me, after hearing about it on Good Morning America or some other morning news show. Last week, I decided to check it out!

On the day I went to the site, they had a 49% discount for a cooking class in my city! A friend of mine got the same deal, so for $25 each we are going to a 2.5-hour class. Unfortunately, this is not a hands-on class, but one where we get to watch a chef create a 4-course meal. However, we do get appetizers and get to eat the food at the end, plus ask questions/make comments/take notes, etc. I am SO excited and will definitely blog about it after! I think it's a great deal... basically, the same price as going out to a decent meal with friends. :)

(And no, this was not a paid post.)

3 comments:

Jessica Dietz August 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

They have a site for my city as well! I will have to check it out.

Carrie August 29, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Sounds fun!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Kansas City isn't on the list. :( Darn.

Revanche September 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Ohhh! I just found that site last week, too! I don't go to the metro areas in CA often so it's hit or miss, but I'm still checking on the site every so often.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP