Monday, February 2, 2009

January Review & February Goals

January felt like a very long month! It started out with my birthday and ended with Superbowl weekend. I have been splitting my time at work between my old position and training in my new position, so the days don't go by as quickly since half of it is now a learning process. It was also a difficult month with relationships but a good month in terms of income - my raise went into effect and I got a bonus!

January Goals Review
1. Review my budget and adjust accordingly with my pay increase, most likely allocating a bit more to savings each month Fail - I had some OT in for my first new paycheck, so I'll have to keep this for February!
2. Keep reading/knitting/working out Pass - I finished Water for Elephants and am now reading Freakonomics and The Secret. I didn't knit, but I did work out 3-4x per week, so now it's a great routine.
3. Get renter's insurance (my roommates & I keep putting this off) Fail - We put this off AGAIN!
4. Get my license changed to California Fail - Turns out the DMV closest to my place is booked until mid/end of February and I don't want to go without an appointment since the wait is FOREVER! I might try to go on my half-day on February 13th.
5. Figure out what I need done on my Civic for the 60K service & estimate costs Pass - I checked out some nearby places and looks like it will run me about $200 for the service, which isn't too bad and MUCH better than the dealership!
6. Learn to use my new food processor and my crockpot that I received for Christmas and my birthday Pass - I used my crockpot for a few snacks/meals and it worked out alright. I used my new food processor to make soup and it is fantastic!

February Goals
1. Review my budget and adjust accordingly with my pay increase, most likely allocating a bit more to savings each month
2. Splurge a little on myself (using some of the money from my budget) - earrings, manicure/pedicure, a spa day?
3. Complete my taxes

I'm keeping it short this month.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP