Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cutting Benefits... But Not Jobs!

My company's CEO sent out a firm-wide e-mail yesterday. In 2009, some of our "extra" benefits/perks will be cut due to the economic outlook. This includes the $20 monthly gas card each employee was given, the vending machine subsidization (everything was $0.50) and no annual picnic or holiday party. What all the employees are keeping? Jobs, annual increases and bonuses.

I am thankful for my job. And how much the firm values its employees. My company has not laid of a single person and they have no plans to do so. (However, they will not be hiring any additional people for a while - so my old position will be split between a few people in the department.) Bonuses are still being paid out for 2008 (today, actually!) and we will still be getting our annual raises in April. They might be smaller than normal, but that is to be expected. Since I only started in June, so I am elated to be getting any sort of raise, let alone a bonus.

It's a happy Friday! :)

1 comments:

chiara January 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

I think that's awesome that they're doing that (not laying anyone off or cutting salaries), the only crappy reality is that once companies cut certain bennies, often they put them back once times are better.

Anyway, love reading your blog :o)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP